Friday, November 10, 2006

Word of the Fortnight

This being the first time I've posted anything about words on this blog, and really having no intention to continue doing so in a consistent manner, the period of time mentioned above is entirely arbitrary. But hey, this is my space. The blog-reading public can only punish me with their e-feet. Though to be honest, sometimes the blog-reading public kicks like an e-mule.

So, Word of the Fortnight: גושפנקה ("gooshpanka").

How cool is it?! The answer is, of course: "very cool". Turns out it means "imprimatur" or "seal of approval". Really, whatever it were to mean, I would be happy to use it every day if I could.

Try it and see!

2 Comments:

At 12:11 AM, Blogger Joels W. said...

It's got a bit of a Yiddish, or maybe Slavic sound to it.

 
At 4:27 AM, Blogger Daniel said...

Really? I had guessed Aramaic, but I really don't know ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home